Monday, July 8, 2013

How to make a hair piece

Photobucket
As a bride we want to look good, but not all of us have the cash.  So, since I plan on ponying up the cash to have my hair professionally done, I won't have the cash for any hair accessories.  This is when I bust out my inner savvy bride and figure out how to make something.  First mission, find supplies!
I found some fun stick on crafting pearls that I plan to use for my veil and since I know I'll have extras figure I'll save some money by using the extras on my hair piece.  Next, I wanted something that incorporated my colors.  We love birds, so naturally I grabbed some peacock feathers at the craft store using a 40% off coupon, bonus on the savings!  Next, the essential don't move glue, E-6000!  Lastly the hair combs!  I'm all set! 
PhotobucketUsing some felt from the kid's craft bin I cut out a circle and glued the feathers on using the E-6000, a drop will do you so be careful and make sure the felt is covered.  Once dried, I glued the felt to the hair comb based on where I wanted it to go on my head and how I wanted it to look.  I made one for my maid of honor as well!



Photobucket
Here is how it looks from the front.  It wasn't enough for me, so I added the pearls on the bottom V portion of the hair combs!







Check it out!  Here it is on my hair the day of my wedding!  Now, get your bride on and make your hair fabulous!  Tell me about what you made for your hair?














1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty and you looked so beautiful, as always. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Mommy Moments with Abby

This Wedding Blog is Brought to you by:

Latest on Mommy Moments with Abby

Good Wedding Directory

4 Wedding Directory